Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Anatomy of a Ride Gone Wrong

First of all, I'd just like to point out that there WAS in fact a height requirement for this ride and he met it. Secondly, there is no merit to this post other than I could see this unfolding as I was taking pictures and I laughed so hard, I snorted my $7 Cherry Limeade up my nose.

The ride?  The Pirate Ship, as  Rowan now refers to it as, "That Horrible Boat Thing." If you do not know what the Pirate Ship is, or does, then you have obviously not attended a State or County Fair any time in the last 30 or so years. The Pirate Ship heaves you back and forth until your stomach physically separates itself from the rest of your body. It makes you vomit, that's what it does. That's it, there's no other purpose. But, they wanted to ride it, so I said yes.

Here we are buckled in, before the ride starts moving.  Faces looking a little apprehensive, but so far so good.



 Here the ride has started and there is some obvious fun going on.  Smiles. Faces look happy!




See?  Obvious fun.  That look is a little bit on the line between I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN and also I'M ABOUT TO START CRYING, but there's really no cause for alarm.

And then, THIS moment right here.. This is the exact moment I believe that the tables started to turn. 


Let's zoom in on that a bit, shall we? Yep. This moment right here is when the "OH SHIT" started to happen. 


And it did not get better. 


In fact, I believe at this point, he's just given up and is trying to physically hold his stomach inside his body so it does not fall out. 


Aannnd, here we are at the end of the ride. A bit less happy looking. 




I want you to know that I finished laughing before he unloaded and by the time he ran to me looking like this, I had all the Cherry Limeade wiped off my chin.  



No comments: